Sunday, June 03, 2012

Efficient social media management

All the major digital art talents agree on one thing- it's vital to get connected.
As Bobby Chiu (or was it Neil Gaiman?) said "Think of yourself as an island, you have to put a lot of messages in bottles/build a lot of bridges to other islands to get a response.".
In the interests of getting more connected with the greater art-world then, I'm going to start blogging again. Blogging, tweeting, updating face book. The problem is, it takes time. Time I should spend working. So I looked in to it. There's this tweet management tool called "Hootsuite" that's supposed to make it easy to update multiple social media accounts at once. But it doesn't update blogs too. Unless you hook it up to Ping FM, which is being replaced by Seesmic. Bloody hell, what a mess. Surely there's a single, free, tool that helps you manage ALL social media. Well, at least it's a step in the right direction, so from now on I'll be updating my social media accounts with hootsuite, linked to Seesmic, which may add Blog functionality later this year. If you know of a better solution, please let me know. I'll also be adding better, regular content to this blog, to make it worth following.

No comments: