Sunday, June 24, 2012

Perspective Drawing

Here's my comment on yesterdays post by James Gurney.

He's recommending several old books that are timeless, trusted classics for learning art.

James helped me find Earnest Norling's "Perspective Drawing". I'd been given it as a child and I'd forgotten both Title and Author. Since buying an old copy online I've found it just as comprehensive and useful as I'd remembered. As you progress through the book the charmingly vintage American illustration style walks you gently through everything you need to know in a very efficient manner. An infant would find the early pages understandable and a professional might find the final pages challenging. It really is a book that can serve you well for a lifetime in art.

View the original post at Gurney Journey.

No comments: